Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Leukemia Survivor ... Continues. 2

Edith is one amazing little girl, I know it has to be hard for her little body, she is having her ups and downs. She is going to be starting Speech Therapy soon. I hope she does start talking. This is the time that we start seeing a lot of the side effects of the chemo. The Drs. say that it wont be much, but who knows. This past weekend, we took her to the lake, and let me tell you it was the first time that she seen the water, and she loved it. She wanted to throw herself in the water. It is like if she knew what to do you know. I was happy to see that she was just so happy. She is like a old soul trapped in baby's body. She is so amazing with the other kids, she loves to get her way.. Wow she is a sagitarius! Ha Ha I laugh because my husband and her sister are the same way. Edith is full of life, not afraid of anything, and I admire her for that. She still has a long ass way to go to fulfill her life, and as long as I am alive, I am going to seek that she will. Our life has just begun, this new norm of life. Even though, she might not remember any of her past, I will .. I forever will have a torn in my heart, June 6th 2009 will always be a distant rememberance of what could of been. Thank you God for giving us another day... Another beautiful day in life, that we take for granted. I am not a religious person, but I do love my god, and he knows where my heart is.. I am gradually educating myself, and learning from my error of my ways.. Edith is my starting ground of my new foundation of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment